CFP Technological developments in animation I (Pre-digital history) (DEADLINE MAY 1)
In the first of a two part theme on technological developments in animation we invite contributions on any aspect of the pre-digital history of animation.
Topics may include but are not limited to:
– Development of cell technology
– Magic lanterns and early projection technology
– Rotoscope and the first ‘motion capturing’
– Development in colour
– Early sound synchronization.
– Puppets and found objects – stop motion
– The golden age of drawn animation
Posts of between 300 and 500 words, which discuss any aspect of the above topic are welcome. Contributors are encouraged to include clips and images to support their posts. Please also include a short bio to accompany the post. All permissions are the responsibility of the contributor. Please contact the editor firstname.lastname@example.org with submissions or questions.